Prof. Dr. Simona Galli
Università dell’ Insubria
Dipartimento di Scienza e Alta Tecnologia
Materials: Nitrogen-donor ligands; (per)fluorinated ligands; coordination compounds; coordination polymers; metal-organic frameworks.
Methods: Structure determination and structural studies by means of single crystal and powder X-ray diffraction; structural insights on thermal behavior and chemical stability by means of powder X-ray diffraction; RT and VT-investigation of (di)electric properties.
Topics: Structural chemistry; hybrid inorganic/organic porous materials; hybrid inorganic/organic low dielectric constant materials; gas and VOCs adsorption and separation; (di)electric properties; solid-state second-order non linear optics.
• Bruker D8 Advance powder diffractometer mounting a Lynxeye linear position-sensitive detector
• Rigaku Miniflex benchtop powder diffractometer mounting a DTex linear position-sensitive detector
• Two custom-made heating chambers (one, based on the Peltier technology, working in the temperature range -10–150°C, the other operating in the range 20–500°C) which can be mounted on the D8 Advance diffractometer
• Agilent LCR-meter spanning the frequency range 2 Hz–2MHz, implemented with a custom-made heating chamber operating in the temperature range 20–150°C
• PanAlytical Minipal 2 benchtop X-ray fluorescence spectrometer with Cr source
• NT-MDT Solver AFM
• Ney Vulcan oven for solid state synthesis
• Access to a variety of departmental services and shared equipment