Prof. Kolio Dimov Troev
Institute of Polymers
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Organophosphorus chemistry; polymer chemistry; phosphorus-containing polymers; phosphorus-containing bioactive compounds; polymeric prodrugs; polymer modification; polymer degradation; inorganic oligomers and polymers.
• Gel permeation chromatography (GPC) station (Waters, Millipore Corp., USA). It consists of two lines: one running at ambient and temperatures up to 45°C; the second one - at higher temperatures, both connected to refractometric and UV-detectors. The station is equipped with two sets of columns for aqueous or organic solvent medium.
• Static light scattering (SLS) module Wyatt DAWN DSP (Wyatt Co., 1997, donation) is coupled with the GPC line in order to determine the absolute molecular mass characteristics and size of particles simultaneously.
• Vapour pressure osmometer Knauer
• Analytical ultracentrifuge ProteomeLab XL-I Beckman Coulter configured with a scanning UV/Vis detection system and Rayleigh Interference Optics.
• Universal modular rheometer RheoStress 600, Thermo Haake.
• UV-VIS spectrometer DU 800(Beckman Coulter).
• RAffinity-1 "Shimadzu" Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrophotometer with MIRacle Attenuated Total Reflectance Attachment.
• Apparatus for determining the limiting oxygen index Modul FTA Instrument, Stanton Redcroft.
• Microwave reactor RotoSYNTH (Milestone s.r.l.), Rotative Solid-Phase Microwave Reactor with ATC-FO (Milestone).
• Co-owned Bruker Avance II+ 600 NMR spectrometer installed at the Institute of Organic Chemistry. The instrument is purchased with the financial support from the Ministry of Education and Science in the framework of the program "Promotion of the Research Potential through Unique Scientific Equipment"; www.orgchm.bas.bg/~nmr/Equipment.html
• fluorescent spectrometer LS-3 Perkin Elmer.
• Differential scanning calorimeter DSC-7, Perkin Elmer.
• Automatic viscometer AVS-310, Schott Gerate.
• Gas chromatograph Carlo Erba.
• Optical microscope Leica DMLP.